Job title: Assistant Chief Estate Manager
Location of job: Harapan Rainforest Ecosystem Restoration Concession, Harapan Rainforest camp, Jambi province, Sumatra, Indonesia
Reporting to: Chief Estate Manager PT REKI
Overall purpose of the job:
A strong proactive manager required to assist the Chief Estate Manager in managing, coordinating and leading the daily operational activities of Harapan Rainforest, and to perform as the Acting Chief Estate Manager as required.
Closing Date: (30 days after opening)
A consortium of Burung Indonesia, The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds and Birdlife International has established Harapan Rainforest to protect and restore the productivity and ecosystem balance of more than 98,000 ha of dry lowland rainforest in Jambi and South Sumatra provinces, Sumatra, under the first ever ecosystem restoration license issued by the Indonesian government. With support from several international donors, Harapan Rainforest will make a significant contribution to the global debate on ecosystem restoration, biodiversity conservation, combatting deforestation and tackling climate change.
Harapan Rainforest is located 3 hour drive south of Jambi City. In turn, Jambi can be reached by one hour flight from Jakarta. Accommodation on site is simple but comfortable.
The latest information can be found at www.harapanrainforest.org.
Harapan Rainforest is offering a unique opportunity to join and shape this groundbreaking initiative. We are building a team of exceptional individuals and have an immediate vacancy in the following position:
1. Indonesian National
2. University degree (minimum BSc) in Forestry, Natural Resources, Agriculture or closely related field
3. 5 years' experience in production forestry or land management
4. 2 years' experience in the overall management and coordination of a department at the concession level
5. Experience in preparing and managing departmental budgets
6. Working knowledge of conflict-resolution processes
7. Good understanding of governmental structures and processes
8. Working knowledge of Quality and Environmental Management Systems
9. General knowledge of Ecosystem Restoration license requirements
10. General knowledge of non-timber forest products
11. General knowledge of high conservation value assessment, management, monitoring and enhancement
12. Strong leadership skills, communicative and team player
13. Excellent communication and organizational skills
14. Able to communicate in both Indonesian and English (speak, read, and write)
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist the Chief Estate Manager with the management and coordination of the daily operational activities of Harapan Rainforest that are consistent with Ecosystem Restoration license requirements. This will include, but not be limited to responsibility for:
a. Financial oversight
b. Strategic management of staff resources
c. Preparing input to reports for the Board of Patrons and financial donors
d. Ensuring legal compliance in all aspects of operation
2. Develop organizational capacity; delegate responsibility; empower Department Heads and staff to achieve, monitor and report on the results of targets and objectives.
3. Maintain consistent communication and coordination of all operational and strategic activities with relevant partners and Technical Advisors.
4. Report to the Chief Estate Manager, PT REKI.
Application: Interested candidates should send a detailed 2 pages CV and a covering letter which details how you meet the personal specification and why you are interested in the position.
Email applications should be addressed to : firstname.lastname@example.org